SewLeana Fiber Arts Camp is a fun way for your child to explore their creativity three-dimensionally using fibers and textiles. Each week we will explore different techniques and sew different projects so that campers who are taking more than one week can build upon the skills they have learned in previous weeks.
Techniques will include tie dyeing, botanical dye, printing on fabric, marbling, batik, embroidery, machine sewing, more! In essence, the campers will learn to make fabric before turning it into a bag, pillow, skirt, wall hanging, quilt, etc. This year we will be exploring techniques and projects through the lens of classic childhood literature!
Camp runs for a one week but campers are free to sign up for more than one week as projects will vary.
Our camp is a multidisciplinary camp that is more than just sewing! Your camper will learn math, science, and art as well as develop their hand/eye coordination and fine motor skills. Our instructors have many years of teaching experience and our teen counselors are all former campers! Camp is our favorite time of year!
- Contact info: email@example.com / 773-410-1475
- Grades: 2nd thru 9th grade
- Registration deadline: June 1 (but most weeks book up right after registration opens)
- Transportation: None but we are right next to the South Orange Train Station
- Activities offered: Textile design, sewing, math, chemistry & art!