Location, style, thoughtful details. This bright, updated home is situated on a small, quiet street–tucked away, yet close to everything you need–less than a mile to the train & town center. If you’re looking for a move-in ready home bathed in natural light & filled with warmth & charm, look no further! The 1st floor of 31 Overlook has just enough openness for flow & togetherness & just enough separation so that everyone can do their own thing. Each room is lovely & inviting, but you may want to spend all day in the sweet sunroom! Each bedroom has ample space & the double sink in the hall bath is a welcome touch. The finished basement & easy-to-finish attic provide even more room to stretch. The fully fenced yard w/its sweet patio is a great outdoor extension & perfect for entertaining!
- Removed trees on left side of house – 7/2016 (Eliminated termite risk of overhanging trees)
- Installed Paver Patio & New Landscaping – 5/2017
- Re-paved & sealed driveway – 6/2017
- Installed customizable Elfa closet system in bedrooms – 5/2019
- Painted 2nd Floor Bedrooms & Attic Interior – 6/2019
- Replaced Water Heater – 12/2019
- Painted Exterior House & Garage – 8/2020
- Replaced Garage Roof – 11/2020
- Painted Kitchen & Cabinets – 3/2021
- Painted Living Room & Upstairs hallway – 3/2021
A few highlights
- Termite damage from the previous owner in a few rooms on the 2nd floor – Our removal of trees mitigated this issue going forward
- Water damage to the floor of 2nd floor room at end of hall from previous owner – We did not repair floorboards
- Garage floor was broken up by tree roots – We fixed during repave
- Chimney – We followed the recommendation to remove an old antenna that was connected to the roof, but nothing else. Fireplace sold “as is”
- Sump pump was re-routed to outside the house / away from the house
Dear Future Homeowners,
SOMA has all you could ask for as a community–arts, food, festivals, and easy access to the city, plus, beautiful parks and reserves. But the neighborhood, which we came to truly appreciate in a pandemic, is one of a kind. We wish we could take this location and people with us!
We’ve walked to every playground within a mile (and there are quite a few). We’ve gone to South Orange Village to watch the trains and get a treat from the local shops, or listen to live music. We love living near Underhill Field, where we can enjoy fun sporting events on any given weekend throughout the year and plenty of quiet time to have a field or track to yourself.
Early on in the pandemic our neighbors quickly organized a socially distanced weekly hang-out on our front lawns (within shouting distance or range of all baby monitors) and threw a block party the moment we felt it was safe for our young children to play together in the street. There are also the folks who have lived here through generations of children growing up on our street and have stories of moments in history and past residents whose presence lingers because of the closeness of all.
Our children have sat at the breakfast bar in the kitchen from infancy, while we cook or prepare for the school day, also a stone’s throw from home. Most summer nights we eat dinner outside on the patio, a favorite of our toddlers’. The backyard has enough space to play hockey, soccer, draw beautiful chalk creations or make a mess in the dirt. On weekends we often picnic or play in the front yard and chat with passersby, easily getting to know everyone in the neighborhood.
The attic, our bonus bedroom, acts as a quiet oasis for guests and a perfect home office escape.
We have no doubt you will find your own joys in this home and quickly come to love the community that surrounds it.
The Current Homeowners