- Total Land Area: 1.3 square miles
- Approximate population: 7,598 (2018 Census Estimate)
- Distance to NYC: 16.8 miles
Police: (973) 748-5400
Fire: (973) 744-5000
- Trains & Buses:
NJ Transit and DeCamp buses to and from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan and Penn Station in Newark are available on a frequent basis at convenient locations from early in the morning until late at night.
Commuters by NJ Transit train can arrive in mid-town Manhattan in forty minutes. Weekday train service to Penn Station in New York and to Hoboken is available at the Ridgewood Avenue Train Station. Limited weekend service is provided as well.
- Montclair-Boonton Bus Schedule
- Jitney Service:
Glen Ridge provides commuters with Jitney service to the Ridgewood Avenue Train Station. Details and schedule information can be found here.
- A non-emergency transportation service to and from medical appointments in immediately surrounding towns for ambulatory senior citizens (65+) and permanently disabled adults.
- Service is available Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm or by special arrangement.
- Transportation requests must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- For more information or to schedule transportation please call 862-621-9245
“Glen Ridge is a very family friendly community and I love how convenient it is to everything — schools for the kids, transportation to NYC, near great restaurants in neighboring Montclair.”